This timely and ‘now’ message by Curt Landry, Dire Straits Reverse the Curse, gives light and instruction on the Biblical time period between the 17th of Tammuz and the 9th of Av. This three week time period in 2017 falls between July 10th and August 1st.
Zechariah 8:19 speaks of this period as a time of fasting, but we also see that the Word says, “There shall be joy and gladness and cheerful feasts for the house of Judah. Therefore love truth and peace.” During this time as we feast, fast and pray, we focus on the Word of God to reverse the curse of the way we think. We renew our minds by the washing of the Word.
During this time leading up to Tish B’Av… we remember…. we ask forgiveness…. and we repent…
We Remember: The five great catastrophes that occurred in Biblical History on or near the 17th of Tammuz:
1) The tablets were broken by Moses at Mt. Sinai (Ex 32:19)─ His anger caused him to sin.
2) Jerusalem besieged and the daily sacrificial offerings in the 1st Temple were stopped.
3) Jerusalem’s walls were breached, prior to the destruction of the 2nd Temple in 70 AD.
4) A Torah scroll was burned ─ setting precedence to Jewish book burning throughout the centuries.
5) The Sanctuary of the Holy Temple was defiled with an idolatrous image.
These are warnings for us to be on guard during this time and not allow the enemy to damage or defile our spiritual temples and our spiritual walk. This will be a heated time and we will be tested by the enemy. We are warned to stay awake and stay aware!
We Ask for Forgiveness: Forgiveness is a statement of forgiving… it is not repentance.
— As in Daniel 9:3-19, we ask God for forgiveness of our sins and the sins of our forefathers.
We Repent: Repentance means [re (to turn) and pent (penthouse; highest place)] – to return to the highest place:
— We stop the wrong behavior and change the issues of the heart (Heb. 4:12).
— We change the intent of our heart to come into alignment with God. This true heartfelt repentance stops the enemy and enables the Lord to start the healing in us.
— We come into alignment with God by our testimony. We speak the word that brings life, not death.
— We repent of wrong words and cut them off before they take root. We don’t allow the enemy to cause us to defile and destroy our own temple by using our mouth – our words – against us.
When God saved us, He saved us to be creative and to walk with Him in His ways. This is a lifetime commitment that means we take responsibility for cause and effect in our lives.
This message by Curt Landry will inspire you to…
- Have the same zeal for your temple that Phineas had for God’s house (Numbers 25:7-13). Take the Javelin of your Testimony and drive it through the heart of the enemy ─ “We overcome by the Word of our Testimony and the Blood of the Lamb.”
- Identify one behavior during this time and repent of it to the Lord with your spoken word. You will experience His deliverance as you come out of agreement with it and no longer allow it to manifest itself in your life.
- Choose to hold your tongue so you won’t be defiled. Keep your mind stayed on pleasing the Lord in your situation instead of falling back into old behavior.
As you do these things, Curt teaches, your life will begin to change. The power of life and death is in the tongue, so give it all to the Lord. He will reverse the curse in your life and all that has been cut off will be multiplied back to you.
Don’t miss this message as Curt speaks prophecy over you to “expect to receive blessings from places that you do not know,” and in this time of Dire Straits, He will heal you from all your fears and anxieties as you sing to Him, “Bless the Lord, O my soul!”